Yes it’s going to be a new year. And yes I am excited about it. Why? I don’t know. I suppose its a results of many years of conditioning.
Here the thing about my new year, I did a little math equation and to tell you the truth it kind of blew my socks off. I’ll share it below:
1 hour of FB per day x 365 days = 365 hours
If you are at all like me, there are days I don’t go on at all, and other days where it feels like I can’t stay off. In any case, it’s all time and every little bit adds up. Even if you are waiting in line or at a soccer practice it’s time taken.
365 hours / 24 hours in a day = 15.208 days per year
That is more than a two week vacation. This blew my mind.
I’m not saying I will quit FB, nor am I suggesting anyone else to stop using the beast. I’m only offering some insight to something that has been on my mind and that I hope to curtail. Especially because I have been known to complain about not having enough time, and yet I have used my time poorly.
I have some lofty goals this coming year. Why I chose 2016 may have to do with the fact that 2015 went by so fast that I feel like I missed the entire year. Flat out missed it. So yes, this is my resolution-to be aware and conscience of my minutes.
I wish you all a beautiful time ahead.
Cheers to all.
We all are aware that the media has taken all the good of the Baltimore protests and turn it into the destruction of the Baltimore riots! I ask everyone to counter this misrepresentation by posting of peaceful photos of demands for justice. Do it anywhere and everywhere you can. Thank you and spread the word!
So many times we think of the new year as the starting line. The moment in time when we are going to get our shit together and make a real difference in the time we spend here on earth. How silly is that? I mean so many years I have considered the New Year as the day of change. I waited for that very date to start, to be better, then over the weeks I stop, and I usually failed.
This new year is different. No, really it is. Why? or How? you ask. I’m about to tell you.
Here’s the thing. Every second we have the power to change. But we get lazy, we become out of tune with ourselves and many times just completely over powered by circumstance we do not control. We listen to those who do not have our best interests at heart. We follow ideals that are impossible to achieve. And we worship the wrong gods. This is what has to end. We can only be led to follow the wrong direction if we stop paying attention to ourselves.
It’s all about personal awareness. It’s all about keeping the life you want forefront in you thoughts and actions. Its about really making what you want into a priority. Not only on January first, but during every second of you life.
Now I am not saying this is easy, heck no. If it was easy I certainly would have mastered it by now. It’s not easy. For some reason, however, this time, I don’t see my life as drive, guts, or ambition. I do not criticize myself based on achievements or willpower or anything thing like that. All I see as real is awareness. Be aware. Recognize your thoughts and change them to align with who you want to be. Identify your feelings and process them. Calibrate your actions to fall in line with your life and only your life.
Everything will fall in place if you remain aware. Get ready to be amazed and enjoy!
The Eight Qualities of Success
- Harmony is when there is complete agreement between what you think, say and do.
- Balance is the reward of harmony; it is when you are most calm and content because there is no disconnect between your thoughts, words and actions.
- Courage. Is the ability to make choices that bring harmony and balance. Courage is not always about action. It takes courage to do nothing, rather than do something that you do not believe in or understand.
- Generosity. True generosity is an offering; given freely and out of pure love. No strings attached. No expectations. Time and love are the most valuable possession you can share.
- Happiness: bubbles up when the first four qualities are in abundance. Happiness is not a luxury. It is a necessity. When we are happy we are in the best possible place to be good to ourselves and those we love.
- Wisdom: is the ability to make the right decisions at the right time. Wisdom alerts you when you are out of balance or having trouble summoning courage. It is your inner voice guiding you through and past the noise.
- Cleanliness: When there is clarity and organization in your thoughts and your physical space you can more easily access the inner wisdom and courage that makes harmony and balance achievable.
- Beauty is what you possess when you incorporate the seven preceding qualities into your life.
I am deeply troubled by the state of our country.
I deplore the past actions and the more recent actions of our police force.
We are living in what can be best describe as a police state, the early stages.
Moreover, I can say with confidence that racism is rampant and it can’t hide any longer.
The global and national protests give me hope.
We are not alone.
I pray our voices stay strong, loud and undeterred.
We can stand united. We will be heard.
We can teach tolerance.
We can choose love over hate.